Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of those transactions.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
As is true of most Websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Fulfil your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Provide the financial services you requested
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at [email protected]. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When you select to email a friend your wish list or tell a friend about LavishShoestring.com, we request their email address from you to send them a one-time email. We do not use this third party email information for any other purposes unless that third party becomes a registered user on LavishShoestring.com.
We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Based on the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them: either select the unsubscribe link, which is present in each email we send to remove yourself from the list; or log into your LavishShoestring.com account and modify your preferences there.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Lavish Shoestring is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Links to Other Websites
Our Site includes links to other Websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Lavish Shoestring. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Website you visit.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use our shopping cart provider to finalize and pay for your order. Its privacy statement and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at [email protected].
Additional Policy Information
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Website which may contain personally identifiable information such as their name. We obtain the customer’s consent via email to post their name along with their testimonial prior to doing so.
If you use a blog on LavishShoestring.com you should be aware that any personal information disclosed therein can be read, collected and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. LavishShoestring.com is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us by writing or email us at the address below:
Address: Lavish Shoestring, 1 Upwood Park Cottage, Oxford, OX13 5QE, UK
Email: [email protected]
Effective on March 24, 2012